Story Wine Co. Ltd. (“Story Wine”, “we”, “us” or “our”) takes data protection and information security very seriously. We are committed to ensuring our website and other systems are secure for you to use and take great care to protect your information.
Our privacy statement highlights why we collect your personal information, what information we collect, how we use this information and how long we store it. We also want you to know how you can access, amend or in some cases delete your information.
Why do we collect information?
You can access our website (“Site") and browse our Site without disclosing your personal data. In the event that you volunteer personal information (such as opting into our marketing communications) we will only process your personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- We collect personal information when you submit an enquiry via our Site, email or other electronic messaging channels, so that we can follow-up with a response.
- To send relevant communications, i.e. sending marketing communications which we think will be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive email marketing content from us, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We collect anonymous information sent by your browser to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our visitors / customers. We aim to provide a personalised user experience that we think will be relevant to you and collect this information to better understand how people interact with our Site.
- We collect personal / business information when you buy and/or use our services. We do this to be able to deliver our goods and services and send you important company announcements, operational information, for contractual reasons, to process financial transactions and for legal reasons.
- We collect information to determine the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, content and advertising.
Our Site does not enable our visitors to communicate with other visitors or to post information that can be accessed by other visitors.
What is our legal justification for using your personal information?
- Should you disclose your personal data when opting into our mailing list, we hold your name, phone number and email address solely for the purpose of contacting you with offers we believe you will be interested in.
- Our lawful basis for sending emails is our legitimate interest in promoting our products and services. We have conducted a legitimate interest assessment to establish which individuals can receive our marketing emails.
What personal information do we collect about you?
- We may collect your name, address, email address, phone number.
- We collect anonymous information sent by your browser when you visit our Site, including IP address, visited page / category, geographic location, referrer, operating system, duration, landing URL, search keyword and browser version.
- We may collect data that you have sent to us through online registration forms or contact us by email or electronic messages.
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We do not sell or rent your personal information to other companies or individuals.
- Marketing information - If you have requested information about our products or services or have participated in a Story Wine event, we may use your personal information to follow-up with important announcements and to keep you informed of any news, special offers or promotions that we believe might be of particular interest to you.
- General service provision - to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable or require delivery and general service provision.
- Tracking activity on our Site
- For internal sales analysis
How long do we keep your information for?
We keep your business / personal information as long as it is warranted for us to fulfill our commitments to you, or to adhere to legal or regulatory requirements.
- If you are a customer, we keep information for the duration of the relationship. If you have requested to receive marketing communications, we will keep your personal information only as long as you interact with us, or until the data subject opts-out or asks to be forgotten.
- If you have transacted with us we will keep your information for at least 7 years for legal reasons.
What rights do you have regarding your personal information?
- Opt-Out: You can choose to opt out of marketing communications at any time, by emailing email@example.com
- Subject Access Requests: You can request a copy of your personal information and you can update any incorrect information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to be Forgotten: You can ask to have your personal information removed, or in some cases limit our processing of personal information by emailing email@example.com. This does not apply when we need to keep your information for legal reasons.
Third Parties: Our Site may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. Any such third party cookie usage is governed by the policy of the third party placing the cookie.
Opting Out: You can set your browser to not accepting cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Site.